Chicago Animal ER Veterinary Hospital
Open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
No one expects an emergency, but it happens. When things like vomiting, diarrhea, wounds and broken bones occur we're here to meet your animal's medical needs any time your regular veterinarian isn't available.
At Chicago Animal ER we're pet lovers with a special affection for the dogs that lift our spirits and the cats that make us laugh. Our veterinarians understand that exceptional pet care combines a passion for animals with the latest advances in animal medicine. And, our medical pedigree couldn't be better: Chicago Animal ER is a service of the University of Illinois Chicago Center for Veterinary Medicine.
Our emergency veterinary clinic is conveniently located near the West Loop, Gold Coast, River North and Wicker Park, Illinois.
Seek medical attention immediately if your cat or dog is experiencing any of these symptoms:
- Difficulty breathing
- Major trauma: hit-by-car, large wounds, broken bones
- Penetrating wounds anywhere
- Staggering, stumbling or falling
- Limping, or not bearing any weight on a limb
- Sudden blindness
- Sings of pain such as shaking, whining, hiding or lethargy
- Ingestion of foreign material or toxins
- Vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite
- Blood in urine